You are here: Home | DVD Range | Platypus Range | The Glenelg Tramway
 

THE GLENELG TRAMWAY

From 1873 travel on the 11 Km (7 miles) to Glenelg was by steam railway. Taken over by the South Australian Railways in 1899 it was recommended in 1924 that the line be taken over by Adelaide Tramways and electrified. In 1929 this was undertaken and a fleet of 'H' Class cars were built for the line.

In 1958 all tram services in Adelaide ended except for this line as to replace this fast interurban line by a complicated bus route was deemed difficult. Fortunately the line continued and was converted to pantographs and then taken over by Trans Adelaide in 1994. With the lines continuing patronage it was thought ideal to upgrade it to Light Rail standards with new modern cars.

This DVD shows the line when the 'H' Class reigned supreme; the track upgrade and the conversion from 'H' to Flexity and also the new extension to Adelaide West.

Running time: approx 90mins

Region 2 Playback
Format: PAL

Price: £14.99

 
 
 
     
Products: Customer Service: Contact Info:

DVD Range
Ordering
Delivery
Payment

About Us
Contact Us
Privacy

Tramalan
BLACKPOOL

   
Solution Graphics